by Kris Van de Sande on August 27, 2009
One of the oldest running gags in Disneyland, or in Disney films for that fact, are Hidden Mickey’s. Hide s°o°mewere in your product a mickey head.
Here is a list of hidden Mickeys as far was we know them to be. Also note that these are a compilation of the various parks, so some mickeys might not be there.
- Outside of the Anaheim Star Tours building, the wall painting of the Star Speeders in space, if you look at the top part of the wall painting there is a bottom half of a big planet, and two other small planets on the bottom right and left of it, it looks like a giant hidden Mickey.
- One of the women on the video has two “buns” on her head. Looks unmistakably like a Hidden Mickey.
- When you are watching the “pre-boarding” video look for the Ewok boarding the . He is carrying a little stuffed Mickey Mouse doll. It’s there right before the lady tells you to store stuff in the under-seat compartment
- There is a box of tools/parts next to and the droid ( ) he is working on that it looks like the Mickey Watch has been dropped in. White faceplate with a red Mickey in the center.
- While in line, there is a row of flashing sirens to the right (inthe second section of the line). If you look very closely (even spinning your head a little), you can see that the siren’s light is mirrored into a metal dish, similar to police sirens. These “dishes” are cut into the shape of Mickey.
- There is a mouseketeer hat in one of the parts baskets overheard. In box RC-1202, you can see the set of mouse ears as it goes over you head. The ears are lying flat on the bottom of the basket.
- In the ride’s film itself, you are greeted and then you go up an elevator to the flight deck when you take a wrong turn. There you are seeming to go in to the take off area when the cabin jerks to the right. At that point, if you look to the right hand bottom corner of the screen there is a white bar or light with a black Mickey head in it. It looks like a Cast Member parking sticker.
- The hidden Mickey in Star Tours is when you first jump to lightspeed. If you look in the upper middle of the screen, the stars outline Mickey’s head.
- During the ride, look at the cockpit control panel. As the lights change, one of the sets of lights (in green) make a hidden Mickey. It is on the lower half of the control panel.
- There is a very tricky and quick hidden Mickey in the film. It is in an explosion in the bottom right hand part of the screen right before you and the you are following enter the death star trench. The only way you can see it is with a slow function on your vcr as it only appears in one frame of the movie.
Of course there are more to be found. If you find one, let us know!