SWW 2005 Updates!
Starwars.com updates tonight with the poster and some of the activities for Star Wars Weekends 2005! For five consecutive weekends beginning May 20, 2005, the magic of Star Wars will merge with the magic of Disney during Star Wars Weekends at Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. Star Wars fans of all ages and Star Wars characters of all varieties will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, and droids of the saga.
The four-weekend fan-fest (running from May 20 to June 12, 2005) will center around the famous Star Tours thrill ride and feature Star Wars celebrities who will take part in meet-and-greet sessions and Hollywood-style motorcades. Each Star Wars Weekend runs Friday through Sunday and will brim with Force-filled fun for the entire family. Some activities to look forward to include:
- Wookiees, Jawas and Ewoks, Oh My!: You’ve seen them on-screen, now see them in person (or in alien, as the case may be)… characters from all five Star Wars movies, including Queen Amidala, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Greedo and more, will roam the Disney-MGM Studios greeting guests, signing autographs and posing for photographs. Even Mickey Mouse gets into the Star Wars spirit, posing for pictures in his own Jedi costume.
- Star Wars Legends: Visiting Star Wars celebrities take part in a talk show-style conversation inside the theme park’s ABC Theater. Guests hear directly from the actors, actresses and creative minds that have brought the popular film series to life since Star Wars first debuted in 1977.
- To Endor…and Back?: Guests can take flight to the moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator that salutes the Star Wars series. Synchronizing a stunning film with the virtually limitless gyrations of the simulator, the attraction takes guests on a hair-raising, light-speed trip aboard a careening star speeder. The rookie pilot tries his best to get the ship back to port while dodging comets and the Imperial TIE Fighters.
- Obi-Wanna-Be: Throughout each day, young Padawans will be chosen to participate in the “Jedi Training Academy” where Jedi hopefuls learn lightsaber moves then test their skills against one of the evil Sith including Darth Vader himself.
- A Galaxy of Collectibles: Collectors and souvenir hunters alike will be drawn to Tatooine Traders, an area adjacent to the Ewok Village at the Star Tours attraction, where fans will find event-exclusive Star Wars merchandise — from trading pins and commemorative posters to apparel, medallions and other limited-edition items — created by Disney and Lucasfilm Ltd. expressly for Star Wars Weekends 2005.
All the activities are included with regular Disney-MGM Studios admission. For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, keep checking here as well as for www.disneyworld.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY, visit www.disneyworld.com or a travel agent.