Star Wars Season of the Force begins at Disneyland November 16th!
Season of the Force begins at Disneyland in California November 16th 2015! Including a new scene for Star Tours from The Force Awakens! Also announced by Disney, construction on Star Wars Land in January 2016 will close the Disneyland Railroad, Fantasmic and Rivers of America attractions.
Season of the Force experience announced by Disney Parks Blog:
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney XD series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain – For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise and entertainment.
We’ll have dates to share soon for Season of the Force at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
News on Star Wars Land construction in Anaheim:
Disney Parks is also preparing to take guests to a galaxy far, far away with new Star Wars-themed lands. With groundbreaking scheduled to take place in 2016 for our largest single-land expansions ever, building the new 14-acre lands will be major projects at both Disneyland park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Work to make room for this new land at Disneyland park in California will require the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad to close temporarily. The following will suspend operations at the end of the operating day on January 10:
- The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations
- Attractions along the Rivers of America, including:
- Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
We look forward to all of these attractions reopening in the future.
Elsewhere in Frontierland, Big Thunder Ranch – including Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree – will close permanently at the end of the operating day on January 10.
Stay tuned for more details on Season of the Force at Disneyland park, and keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information about exciting Star Wars experiences coming to Disney Parks in both California and Florida.
Images-Concept Art ©Disney/Lucasfilm